Thursday 28 February 2013

Chicken-Spinach- Stir fry



. . .  without a wok.


I love curries and this recipe is inspired by one.
I had some fresh spinach left, but not enough spices to actually cook a green curry.
So I just put a little more fluids in, a lot less curry (none)  and no ginger at all. So it is actually more a stir fry than a curry... or some kind of sauce.

I ate this with penne rigate but farfalle, fusili, rigatoni etc will work just fine.
If you plan on eating rice with the stir fry recommend using  little less fluids.

I came up with this stir fry while cooking and going through my fridge so I didn’t  think to take any pictures until it was done. But I’m going to edit this post as soon as I cook the chicken-spinach-stir fry again.




You will need:

  • Chicken – approximatley one breast per person
  • Fresh spinach – one and a half hand per person

 I made it for two, so the following ingredients are measured for two...
  • one onion - chopped
  • two gloves of garlic – chopped
  • canned tomatoes – 250g
  • a glass of white wine
  • olive oil
  • paprika
  • salt
  • pepper
  • cumin
  • and a little nutmeg – but that is optional

 

Chop the chicken into bite size pieces.

Heat  a large pan – a wok if you have it- then put one tbsp of the oil, the garlic, one tsp of paprika and a pinch of cumin in. Reduce the heat a little and throw in the chicken.

Once the meat is seared add the white wine, the tomatoes and salt. Let it cook for a few minutes and turn the heat further down.

Add the spinach and stir it for a short while. At this point the noodles or the rice should be ready because fresh spinach just needs a minute. If you cook it too long it will wilt.

Season with salt, pepper and a little nutmeg (optional).


Bon Appétit




It is the best description I can come up with right now, because I didn’t take notes or anything.





1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5/24/2013

    Thank you so much for letting us know this recipe. My friend shared this link to me because I want to learn on how to cook the chicken spinach stir fry. I'm glad because she found your blog and I will definitely try this one. Keep on sharing!

    chicken stir fry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover