Thursday 4 September 2014

A simple tomato tart...


... or something to that effect.

Strictly speaking, this is not a tart because I used flaky pastry, but on the other hand it is not a quiche.
One thing you should probably know about me, is that I simply love quiches and tarts alike. They are very painless to prepare and always turn out great. Let's be honest here, they just look as if you put in a lot of effort and I personally like it when my dinner looks nice. Even though it might just be a simple tart or quiche.



For now, let's call it a tart.






Ingredients:

  • flaky pastry, extra points if you make it yourself...
  • home-made tomato-pesto
  • tomatoes, in any variety; I used capri and cherry tomatoes, sliced
  • black olives
  • fresh basil, a few leaves, cut in stripes
  • parmesan, grated










Preheat your oven to 200°C/ 390°F.

Place the dough into your tart/quiche baking dish and make sure the sides are covered.
Now spread your pesto (yes, you can use store bought pesto as well) all over the bottom of the tart and sprinkle basil somewhat evenly over it.

Fill your tart/quiche with tomato slices.



The first time I made this it was extremely soggy towards the middle. But, learning from my mistakes, the second time I made it, I sliced the tomatoes, salted them slightly and let them just sit there for 20 minutes or so before placing them on my tart/quiche. The salt extracted some of their water, making the tart far less soggy.

Add black olives, as many as you like, and cover everything in a thin layer of parmesan.

Finally, roll in the edges and place it in the middle of you oven.

The tart needs about 25- 30 minutes. But check your dough recipe, or packaging, for specifics.

































Bon Appétit


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover